The role of this commission is to represent the views of athletes to the GBPF Board and as such its Chairman is a member of the board. More details can be found in the Bye-Laws.
If you have an issue that you would like to be discuss with the Athletes Commission, please get in touch with any of the representatives listed below.
To be appointed
"I've had an interest in weightlifting from I was 14yrs old. Through one reason or another I never competed until six years ago. This was at the time of the beginning of the NIPF and Northern Ireland Powerlifting re-joining the GBPF. Since my first competition lifting in an equipped NIWLA comp I've been hooked. I love the buzz, the people and most of all the way of life.
My achievements to date are
- IPF classic Masters 1 overall world champion 2014
- GBPF Masters 1 120kg champion 2012/13/14/15/16
- GBPF Open/senior 120kg champion 2013
- GBPF Open/senior 120kg 2nd place 2014
- NIPF Masters1 120kg champion and over all best lifter 2011/12/14/15
- Commonwealth record holder deadlift and total
- GBPF Masters 1 record holder squat(302.5kg)/deadlift(330kg)/total(800kg)
- IPF classic Open world championships 2013 Suzdal/Russia 10th
- runner up All Ireland 'open' Championships 2015
"Powerlifting has given me the opportunity to travel around the world and make so many friends, Lots who I still have contact with to this day even though we may not compete and see each other that often.
Memories and high lights are too many to mention but this is the brief outline off what has happened so far on my journey
Started powerlifting in 1987 I was junior World Champion 89,90,93
Junior European champion 89,90,92,93,94 Body weights from 52 to 56Kgs
First European open champion under the GBPF in 09 Bodyweight 67.5Kgs
European Master champion 13,14,15 Bodyweight 74Kgs
World Masters Champion 14 Bodyweight 74Kgs
Best Career Lifts:
(All achieved in the 74Kg bodyweight class)"