Clubs and Gyms are the bedrock that underpin British Powerlifting and these offer an invaluable location for training and meeting likeminded people. Whilst Powerlifting is in many ways a personal undertaking, with some lifters choosing to train alone and even in the home gym environment, we cannot stress enough the value of training in a safe facility with knowledgeable, trained, and experienced lifters and Coaches.
We are pleased to now offer an option for suitable Clubs to become 'British Powerlifting Approved'.
What are the benefits of becoming an 'Approved Club'?
- Each Club will receive an 'Approved Club' Certificate to show their status.
- Each Club will receive a British Powerlifting gym poster.
- Approved Clubs will be listed on our official register of Clubs.
- Approved Clubs will receive a 10% rebate from club member entry fees to British Championships.
- By becoming an 'Approved Club' you will demonstrate your commitment to running a safe, responsible and credible training environment, as well as working as an ambassador for British Powerlifting.
How to become an 'Approved Club'
There is no cost to become an approved club, however as part of the application process there are a variety of criteria that each club must meet and provide evidence for. These are as follows:
- Club and its members must be covered by its own insurance, or that of the facility where it is based.
- Club Secretary must be a current member of British Powerlifting.
- Club must have a qualified first aider.
- All Club officials/volunteers must be DBS cleared.
- Club must have a current British Powerlifting Referee (Any Category).
- Club must have a British Powerlifting Coach (Level 1 or Level 2).
- Club must have an 'accredited anti-doping advisor'. See our anti-doping page.
N.B. Multiple criteria can be met by a single individual.
Download the Approved Club Application form and Checklist here: (Coming Soon)
For more information about registering an Approved Club, or to submit an application and supporting evidence, please contact Pete Stone on email@example.com
For useful advice about setting up your own sports club, please visit: www.sportenglandclubmatters.com
Register of Approved Clubs
Home Country - Club Affiliation Schemes
In addition to the British Powerlifting 'Approved Club' programme, some Home Countries may also run affiliation options to help promote clubs in their area. The Home Country schemes generally have a less rigorous application process and would be an ideal starting point for clubs who are currently working towards achieving British Powerlifting 'Approved Club' status.
Members of English Divisions should visit the English Powerlifting Association website to find out more.
For information regarding clubs in Scotland, Wales, or Northern Ireland, please visit the appropriate Home Country website .