Qualifying Procedure 23/5/20
1. National Championships are open to all members of the Federation, providing they have achieved the qualifying total and are not subject to suspension either by British Powerlifting or the IPF.
2. Qualifying totals are set yearly based on championship performances and must be achieved at a competition recognised by British Powerlifting.
3. Qualifiers will be representing their Division/Home Country and must be active in their Division/Home Country. Active means competing or officiating being involved in the promotion of divisional events loading etc.
4. Current National Champions can defend their title without qualification however should they wish to compete at a different bodyweight they must make the qualifying total for that bodyweight.
5. Competitors cannot change their nominated bodyweight after the closing date for entries and they don't make the required weight limit for their category, they can only lift as a guest and cannot place. Additionally, entry fees shall not be refundable after the closing date for entries.
6. All British Powerlifting Championships will be held in accordance with IPF technical rules and rules of performance.
7. A National Championship title can only be claimed if the qualifying total is attained.
8. Qualification must be achieved in the period from the date of the previous Championship to five weeks prior to the current Championship. However, because of COVID-19 restrictions, for specified 2021 championships the qualification period will be extended to run from 2019 championships.
9. All competitors must comply with British Powerlifting Anti-Doping procedures and will be required to complete a drug form at the weigh-in, and be available for testing should it be required of them.
10. Those who compete in other than Senior Championship must produce at the weigh-in proof of age i.e. birth certificate, passport.
11. Current British Powerlifting or Home Country membership cards must be shown at the weigh-in if they have not entered in their membership year.
12. All divisional/home country secretaries will ensure that Divisional results are posted on the relevant website.
13. Entry for championships can only be made on-line via the British Powerlifting web-site, which will be available up to four weeks before the Championship.
14. Qualifying totals for Classic Championship may be made at any Divisional/Home Country Championship providing that it is indicated on the score sheet.
15. Qualification for the bench press only competition can be achieved using the bench press in a three lift competition.
16. Competitors wishing to receive trophies, participation certificate/medals must attend the presentation ceremony.