We are delighted to announce we have now received confirmation from Moulton College that these championships can go ahead. The lifting schedule is now available on the website with weigh-in and start times for each day. Flight sizes have been limited to minimise numbers in the lifting hall and they will all run separately, i.e. none back to back.
1. No spectators allowed.
2. Face coverings are mandatory for everyone in the sports hall, warm-up and weigh-in areas. The only exceptions are lifters actually lifting and the speaker. Note that British Powerlifting branded washable/reusable face masks are available through the website merchandising tab.
3. A maximum of one coach per lifter, who must provide their contact details at the weigh-in.
4. All officials, including loaders, must provide their contact details.
5. No medal ceremonies: participation medals will be given at the weigh-in and trophies collected from a designated point.
6. Lifters must provide their own chalk and hand sanitisers.
7. Anyone exhibiting COVID-19 like symptoms, has had contact with someone who is or is awaiting the result of a test MUST NOT ATTEND.
8. Social distancing will be in force in all areas.
Lastly, we need more referees to put down their names, as well as members able to help on the table, with marshalling or with platform crew.
British Powerlifting is the only UK powerlifting organisation that has a fully WADA compliant anti-doping programme, which is independently administered by the IPF. All of our anti-doping testing is carried out at our own expense. Elite GB lifters are selected by the IPF for inclusion in the Registered Testing Pool (RT) along with 144 lifters in the Testing Pool and National Testing Pool. All are subject to Out of Competition Testing (OCT). Read More >