British Powerlifting Coaching Courses
Our Level 1 and Level 2 Courses are open to those with an interest and experience in weight training for health and Powerlifting development. Professional development training enables people to develop their skills and become more confident in doing their job. Our Continued Professional Development (CPD) training aims to contribute to helping people grow and improve their knowledge and skills through a range of training options. Both our Level 1 and Level 2 Courses are endorsed by PD: Approval.
As a training provider, we fully support the continued professional development of our training and assessment team.
Our standard cost for attending these course is £250 per person.
Group discounts can be applied in certain circumstance, please contact us for more information.
The GB Powerlifting Federation/British Powerlifting will commit to offer the highest quality of training possible to deliver a safe and effective method of Strength Training to their clients, themselves or other trainers.. We will do this by ensuring that we take into account each learner's needs and learning styles. All learners will be given the opportunity to provide feedback. We commit to address any issues raised. We will also provide up-to-date research and give an assurance that all tutors will be occupationally competent.
Aims and Objectives
- Attendees on our coaching courses will:
- Learn to deliver safe and effective coaching practices.
- Learn to deliver training programmes and coaching applications.
- A British Powerlifting Coaching attainment certificate.
- Be rated if successful as proficient to deliver safe and effective training programmes.
- For each core powerlifting/strength building activity and their appropriate adaptation learn to deliver safely and effectively.
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a British Powerlifting Coach and the rules by which the sport of Powerlifting is governed.
- Be able to provide appropriate training programmes to novice, intermediate and advanced Lifters.
- Be able to differentiate between various trainee's leverages, anatomical differences, abilities, aspirations and experience and delivers a full range of coaching advice in a safe and appropriate manner.
The above aims and objectives are spread out over the 2 courses. You can find more information on the syllabuses below:
COURSE APPLICATION FORM
Each course is run from 9am to 5pm, unless the Tutor has organised something directly with the cohort.
We ask you to arrive 8.45am to begin at 9am. There will be breaks and a lunch period.
Each venue is different and will have different rules so please read the information provided by your course tutor with regards to any variations. Some venues can offer training after a coursse day but others not. There is some information at the bottom of this page on the various regularly used venues. If your course is not listed, please contact the relevant tutor for more information.
- Coaching Course Lead Charlie Marillier
- North West Tutor Fred McKenzie
- East Midlands Tutor Kevin Jane
- South West Course Tutor Charlie Marillier
- London Tutor Jason Coultman
- Wales Tutor Lawrence Farncombe
- West Midlands Tutor Kelly Phasey
- Don't see your region here? Contact us to find out where the nearest course is being run to you
- Do you have a large group of people interested in the course? Contact us to arrange for one of our tutors to host a coaching course at a date, time and location suited to you.
Coaching Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once your application has been reviewed, an email confirming your place will be sent with payment details.
Your placement will not be secured until payment is received
Once we have received your payment we will enter you on to the course register
If, for any reason, you need to cancel, you will get a full refund if you cancel up to 7 days before the course. You will get a 50% refund if you cancel between 7 and 3 days before the course. There will be no refund if you cancel within 3 days of the course.
The contact details for each course tutor can be found both at the top of this page and in the Coaching Course Calendar next to the date you have applied.
Find more information on the venue's hosting the courses below.
Swindon Barbell, Princess Place, Trow Lane, Lyneham, Wiltshire, SN154DL.
Courses are run in the classroom and practicals within the gym. Refreshments are provided during courses and lunches can be purchased from the local villages of Lyneham or Royal Wootton Bassett. There is limited parking but sufficient to cover course attendee numbers.
get involved #gbpowerfed