British Powerlifting Coaching Courses
Our Level 1 and Level 2 Courses are open to those with an interest and experience in weight training and to Health and Fitness REPs members. Professional development training enables people to develop their skills and become more confident in doing their job. Our Continued Professional Development (CPD) training aims to contribute to helping people grow and improve their knowledge and skills through a range of training options. Both our Level 1 and Level 2 Courses are endorsed by PD: Approval.
As a training provider, we fully support the continued professional development of our training and assessment team. Our standard cost for attending these course is £250 per person, but if applicable group discounts are negotiable.
The quality of our offering and our reputation relies on the quality of our training. This Training Provider's Operation Manual sets out the policies, procedures, guidelines and forms that we will use to help us to provide the best quality possible across all of our training products.
The GB Powerlifting Federation/British Powerlifting will commit to offer the highest quality of training possible to deliver a safe and effective method of Strength Training to their clients, themselves or other trainers.. We will do this by ensuring that we take into account each learner's needs and learning styles. All learners will be given the opportunity to provide feedback. We commit to address any issues raised. We will also provide up-to-date research and give an assurance that all tutors will be occupationally competent.
Aims and Objectives
Attendees on our coaching courses will:
1. Learn to deliver safe and effective coaching practices.
2. Learn to deliver training programmes and coaching applications.
3. A GBPF/British Powerlifting Coaching attainment certificate.
4. Be rated if successful as proficient to deliver safe and effective training programmes.
5. For each core powerlifting/strength building activity and their appropriate adaptation learn to deliver safely and effectively.
6. Understand the role and responsibilities of a British Powerlifting Coach and the rules by which the sport of Powerlifting is governed.
7. Be able to provide appropriate training programmes to novice, intermediate and advanced Lifters.
8. Be able to differentiate between various trainee's leverages, anatomical differences, abilities, aspirations and experience and delivers a full range of coaching advice in a safe and appropriate manner.
9. Recognise the effects of "energy systems" eccentric/concentric movements and balanced development on the powerlifting trainee.
Contact the Coaching Secretary - email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coaching Course Director Fred McKenzie
- South West Course Tutor Charlie Marillier
- South East and London Pete Sparks
- North Course Tutor Fred McKenzie
- Don't see your region here? Contact us to find out where the nearest course is being run to you
- Do you have a large group of people interested in the course? Contact us to arrange for one of our tutors to host a coaching course at a date, time and location suited to you.
Details of how to pay are at the bottom of the application form.
The contact details for each course tutor can be found both at the top of this page and in the Coaching Course Calendar next to the date you have applied.
Your placement will not be secured until payment is received
Once we have received your payment we will enter you on to the course register
If, for any reason, you need to cancel, you will get a full refund if you cancel up to 7 days before the course. You will get a 50% refund if you cancel between 7 and 3 days before the course. There will be no refund if you cancel within 3 days of the course.
If you have to cancel due to a positive COVID-19 test result please provide evidence of the result and you will receive a full refund. Evidence but we from a PCR test result.
Find more information on the venue's hosting the courses below.
Hirst Welfare Centre, Alexandra Rd, Ashington NE63 9HN
The Farm Powerlifting Club Moulton College, Northampton NN3 7QL.
Courses are run in classroom P8, Gate 4 entrance, Thorpe Centre and utilising the Gym in the Sports Centre next door. Snacks and lunches are usually available in the nearby Student café. There is ample free parking.
Swindon Barbell, Princess Place, Trow Lane, Lyneham, Wiltshire, SN154DL.
Courses are run in the classroom and practicals within the gym. Refreshments are provided during courses and lunches can be purchased from the local villages of Lyneham or Royal Wootton Bassett. There is limited parking but sufficient to cover course attendee numbers.
get involved #gbpowerfed